AFCO Distribution & Milling is a division of Skagit Farmers Supply, a local co-operative serving the community since 1934 and based in Burlington, WA. Skagit Farmers Supply also operates divisions in energy (propane & bulk petroleum), agronomy and 11 retail Country Stores. AFCO operates two wholesale distribution centers; one in Spokane Valley, WA & another in Burlington, WA. This position is based in Burlington and will service locations in northwest Washington State (Skagit, Snohomish, Island, Whatcom & San Juan counties).
• Safely operate a Class A commercial vehicle and tow flatbed & enclosed trailers up to 53’
• Deliver freight loads along established delivery routes. May assist with unloading/loading operations as necessary.
• Ensure loads are safe and secure during transport. Take precautions to protect products and customer’s property.
• Perform daily safety checks of vehicles and equipment. Make adjustments and minor repairs as necessary.
• Maintain daily paperwork
• Act as a liaison between the company and customer. Help to address customer concerns and resolve issues as they may arise
• Exhibit an ability to get along with others
• Practice punctual and reliable attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
• Possess a current DOT Medical Examiner’s Certificate
• Demonstrate knowledge of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana) as a condition of employment
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and high standards especially in terms of providing outstanding customer service
• Ability to lift, carry and load 60+ pound weight requirements
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Proven track record of being dependable and reliable
• Speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with co-workers and customers for safety purposes
• Possess a CDL hazmat endorsement
• Previous experience operating commercial vehicles with a DOT-regulated employer
• Experience safely operating pallet jacks, forklifts and other warehouse equipment
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position (schedule will vary). Monday through Friday. Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
WAGE & BENEFITS
The wage range for this position is $25.00 – $28.00/hour. A wage will be further discussed during the interview process. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Vacation Pay
• Sick Pay
• Holiday Pay
• 401(k) Retirement Match
• Employee Discounts
• Dependent Tuition Reimbursement
To apply for this position, please download the application for this driver job from one of the links below and send it our way.
WORD APPLICATION | PDF APPLICATIONApplication