Spokane Valley, WA
AFCO Distribution & Milling is a division of Skagit Farmers Supply, a local co-operative founded in 1934 and based out of Burlington, WA. Our wholesale and milling divisions are in Spokane Valley, WA. The Company’s commitment is to provide quality products and services to our customers and community partners.
AFCO Mill operates one of the region’s premier feed mills in Spokane Valley, WA. Our mill manufactures a variety of product lines including LMF Horse Feeds, Palouse Brand, Earth First Poultry Feed, Aslin-Finch Feeds, Backyard Bistro and Barnyard Bistro.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Coordinate day-to-day facilities maintenance, new construction projects, equipment installations, buildings and company property maintenance
- Work with other millwrights and operators on maintenance and construction projects
- Inspect, repair, rebuild and routinely maintain a wide array of mill equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare documentation as required. Operate and test all parts and functions to ensure proper operation. Follow all lock out tag out procedures.
- Procure OEM maintenance recommendations for each piece of equipment. Research and develop maintenance procedures for equipment without original manufacturer’s documentation.
- Develop and record daily and weekly maintenance requirements
- Coordinate spare parts inventory; ordering as budget allows
- Assist in project planning, budgeting and identifying resources needed to ensure optimum utilization of resources, such as: labor, materials and equipment
- Work with management to develop scope and timeline for projects. Ensure construction activities progress according to specifications and schedule.
- Provide general administrative support and attend necessary project meetings
- Communicate with management on all major purchases; monitor and control expenses to achieve budget goals
- Order, organize and secure all tools and equipment
- Ensure safe and clean working environment at all times
- Prioritize, organize and accomplish goals by developing and communicating with staff
- Ensure all equipment meets all federal, state and OSHA guidelines
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations as well as company policies/procedures.
- Exhibit an ability to get along with others
- Practice punctual and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Possess a valid driver license with safe driving history
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen (which includes marijuana) as a condition of employment
- Must have a working knowledge of building maintenance
- Commitment to excellence and high standards, especially in terms of providing outstanding customer service
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods; bend, stoop and kneel frequently; lift, carry, push and pull up to 60 pounds
- Proven track record of being safe, dependable and reliable
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers for safety purposes
- Experience safely operating a forklift, lift trucks, hand trucks, dollies and other loading and moving equipment used in warehouse operations
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving and analytical skills
This is a full time, 40+ hours per week position. The mill operates on 4, 10-hour shifts, Monday through Thursday. Must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
A wage will be discussed during the interview process and will depend on experience. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Match
- Employee Discounts
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement