Outside Sales-Western Washington
AFCO Distribution & Milling is a division of Skagit Farmers Supply, a diversified agricultural supply cooperative. Skagit Farmers Supply was founded in Burlington, WA in 1934 and has grown into four core business divisions: agronomy, retail, energy, and wholesale distribution & milling. Our commitment is to provide quality products and services to our customers and community partners.
We serve over 800 retail customers in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Alaska. The company distributes over 7,000 products including pet food & supplies, animal feed & supplies, as well as a wide variety of wildlife products. Customers receive weekly orders within our routed territories. Deliveries are provided by a fleet of company trucks from the company’s distribution center warehouses.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Schedule and meet with assigned customer accounts in Western Washington weekly and as needed
- Identify, target, and generate business to business (B2B) sales leads to meet specified sales goals
- Conduct sales presentations
- Cold call and prospect new sales opportunities
- Responsible for writing sales proposals and implementation
- Understand and communicate information regarding company products, services and policies and procedures to new and existing clients in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in strategic sales meetings and training sessions
- Continually gather information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate with the region; communicate information to management and others as needed
- Identify market trends and competitive rate actions, and communicate those trends to management
- Develop and maintain short and long-term forecast and sales plans
- Provide timely and accurate reports
- Provide an elevated level of customer service to new and existing customers
- Exhibit an ability to build good relationships with others
- Practice punctual and reliable attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Reside in Western Washington (ideally near Issaquah, Seattle, Renton, Tacoma or Olympia)
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a clear driving record
- Ability to travel. Must have own reliable transportation and proof of insurance
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Familiar with business reports and retail math
- Solid forecasting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to understand and create reports from sales data, showing financial and mathematical analysis that will enhance business making decisions
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
- Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in customer service
- Ability to lift, carry and load 60-pound (minimum) weight requirements
- Proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office
- Proven track record of being dependable and reliable
- Three to five years of related professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, retail merchandising or equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge and skills
- Exhibit a high level of product knowledge in one or more of the following areas: feed, seed, pet food & supplies, hardware, fencing, animal health, tack, clothing & footwear, lawn & garden or wild bird supplies
- Knowledge of Epicor retail software (formerly Activant/Eagle) and Compass Analytics software
- Helpful and cheerful attitude important
- Demonstrate a willingness to work long hours and/or weekends
This is a full time, 40+ hours per week position (typically Monday – Friday). Qualified applicants must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a salaried, exempt position*. The wage range is $59,000.00 – $90,000.00, including commissions. Commissions are a percentage of gross margin, based on sales in the assigned territory.
*FLSA Status: This is an outside salesperson position as defined under WAC 296-128-540 and is exempt from the WA salary threshold for overtime exempt employees. (WAC 296-128-545)
After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
|· Medical Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Long-term Disability Insurance
|· Vacation Pay*
· Sick Pay
· 8 Paid Holidays
· Employee Profit Sharing
· Employee Assistance Plan
|· 401(k) Retirement Match
· Employee Discounts
· Dependent Tuition Reimbursement
*Two to six weeks of vacation depending on length of full-time service.
To apply, visit our career page at https://www.afcodistribution.com/career-opportunities/.
Internal applicants may submit a letter of consideration in lieu of an application for employment.