Spokane Valley, WA
LMF Feeds, a premium feed brand located in Spokane Valley, WA, specializes in horse feed and supplements as well as poultry and other backyard animals. LMF Feed is distributed to eight Western states as well as multiple customers overseas. LMF is served by two mills that manufacture their feed – AFCO Distribution & Milling in Spokane, WA and Farmers Warehouse in Keyes, CA. LMF Feeds takes great pride in offering excellent products at competitive prices with our benchmark customer service.
The Company is in search of an office assistant to assist in day-to-day brand activities, including inputting and invoicing orders, coordinating product shipments, assisting with export order coordination, interacting with product end users on the phone, internet and email, and assisting with social media presence on multiple platforms. This role’s primary responsibility is to support the LMF brand with a very high level of accuracy and effectiveness. This position is clerical in nature and requires a high level of accuracy in both typing and 10-key data entry.
- Place and answer timely calls to customers, accept orders and complete work showing an attention to detail and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks. Perform tasks with care and check work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Compare finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies.
- Correctly enter and document customer orders on point-of-sale system. Identify key facts in routine orders and evaluate when information appears incorrectly or needs verification, and take appropriate actions. Strives for 100% accuracy.
- Encourage additional sales to increase the value of each order placed
- Build and maintain a constructive and positive working relationship with both customers and coworkers to ensure high satisfaction with the products and services offered by the Company
- Handle issues effectively with excellent problem solving skills
- Manage own time, priorities and resources to achieve work goals
- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Exhibit an ability to get along with others
- Practice punctual and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma (or equivalent), or any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess a valid driver license and safe driving record
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
- Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in regard to customer service
- Display proficiency with Windows based computer software, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proven track record of being dependable and reliable
- Able to type 60 wpm and operate a 10-key accurately
- Lift, carry and load 30 pound weight requirements
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment (includes THC/marijuana)
- Product knowledge in one or more of the following areas: feed, seed, pet food & supplies, hardware, fencing, animal health, or tack
- Demonstrates proficiency in social media platforms, including writing and scheduling posts, and handling consumer interactions via social media channels
- Experience with basic graphic design a plus
- Equine or other animal and/or agricultural background
This is a part time position (schedule may vary), 20 – 30 hours per week, normally scheduled for Monday – Friday.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
A wage will be discussed during the interview process. In addition to generous employee discounts with AFCO Distribution and the company’s retail division, The Country Store, the company offers 401(k) and medical benefits to part time employees upon meeting eligibility requirements.
Submit completed Applications for Employment to one of the following:
AFCO Distribution & Milling Human Resources 11016 E. Montgomery Dr. Spokane, WA 99206
Fax: (509) 455-5635
Email: HR@afcodistribution.com (reference “LMF Brand Assistant” in subject field)
Internal applicants may submit a letter of consideration in lieu of an application for employment.