Spokane Valley, WA
AFCO Distribution, a local company based in Spokane, WA, serves businesses and the communities in Washington State, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, Wyoming and Utah.
The company is seeking candidates who are committed to excellence with a high attention to detail and a strong ability to problem solve. They must be effective team players with strong communication skills and an ability to motivate the team. People skills, an analytical mind, and a compulsion to be accurate are all essential traits to reach success in this role. One who can see things that need to be done and figure out a way to do them effectively and efficiently.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Candidates should be flexible and detail oriented with a great attitude while ensuring excellent customer service at all times. Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Verify all incoming freight off of receiving documents and packing slips as well as checking freight against purchase orders. This includes freight from outside vendors as well as freight from other departments.
- Assist customers with will call orders; working with the customer service representatives to ensure accurate and timely loading of product.
- Collect freight from being sold, only releasing it once it has been received in accordance with proper procedures.
- Report receiving or invoice discrepancies to the personnel responsible for the order as well as the central AP clerk and assist in resolving these discrepancies.
- Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts. Be able to prevent or handle these situations.
- Work with inventory control supervisor to maintain inventories and resolve variances where applicable.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Maintain positive, open communication with management.
- Participate in monthly staff meeting and communicate information on inventory control topics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen (includes Marijuana/THC) as a condition of employment
- Possess a valid driver license and maintain a safe driving record
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities with an emphasis on correctly calculating figures and amounts
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Proficiency operating and navigating Microsoft Windows operating system
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods; bend, stoop and kneel frequently
- Lift, carry and load 60 pound (minimum) weight requirements
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Proven track record of being dependable and reliable
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and analytical skills with an emphasis on calculating figures and amounts
- Experience working in a warehouse and/or retail setting, or understanding of shipping/receiving processes
- Experience safely operating pallet jacks, forklifts and other warehouse equipment
- Product knowledge in one or more of the following areas: feed, seed, pet food & supplies, hardware, fencing, animal health, tack, clothing & footwear, lawn & garden or wild bird supplies
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Epicor or similar retail POS software
- Experience using RF (radio frequency) scanning technology and equipment
This is a full time (40 hours/week) position. Typically scheduled Monday through Friday, but must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
A wage will be discussed during the interview process. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Match
- Employee Discounts
- Dependent Tuition Reimbursement
Submit completed Applications for Employment to one of the following:
Mail: AFCO Distribution
11016 E Montgomery Dr. Ste. 101
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Email: HR@afcodistribution.com (reference “AFCO Receiving Clerk” in subject field)
Fax: (509) 455-5635