AFCO Distribution & Milling is a division of Skagit Farmers Supply, a diversified agricultural supply cooperative. Skagit Farmers Supply was founded in Burlington, WA in 1934 and has grown into four main business divisions: agronomy, retail, energy, and wholesale distribution & milling. Our commitment is to provide quality products and services to our customers and community partners.
AFCO serves over 800 retail customers. The company distributes products such as animal feed, wildlife products, pet food and supplies, fencing and livestock equipment. Customers receive weekly orders within routed territories. Delivery is provided by AFCO’s fleet of company trucks.
The Company is in search of a full time Customer Service Representative (CSR) to assist customers in identifying and placing orders for products by telephone, email and walk-in customers. This position is clerical in nature and requires a high level of accuracy in both typing and 10-Key data entry.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
• Place and answer calls to customers timely and accept orders. Perform tasks with care and check work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Compare finished work to what is expected to find inconsistencies.
• Correctly enter and document customer orders on POS system. Identify key facts in routine orders and evaluate when information appears incorrectly or needs verification and take appropriate actions. Strive for 100% accuracy.
• Encourage additional sales to increase the value of each order placed
• Build and maintain a constructive and positive working relationship with both customers and coworkers to ensure high satisfaction with the products and services offered by the Company
• Seek to resolve customer issues in the best interest of the customer and the Company
• Maintain professional composure in highly stressful or adverse situations and diplomatically handle challenging situations
• Manage own time, priorities and resources to achieve work goals
• Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
• Exhibit an ability to get along with others
• Practice punctual and reliable attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Possess a valid driver license and safe driving record
• Must pass background check and pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment (includes testing for THC/marijuana)
• Able to type 60 wpm and operate a 10-key accurately
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem solving and analytical skills with an emphasis on calculating figures and amounts
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
• Commitment to excellence and high standards especially regarding customer service
• Display proficiency with Windows based computer software, including (but not limited to) Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proven track record of being dependable and reliable
• Lift, carry and load 30-pound weight requirements
• Professional appearance and demeanor
This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Typically, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, but must be available evenings and/or weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$17 – $20/hour, depending on experience. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Vacation Pay
• Sick Pay
• Holiday Pay
• Employee Profit Sharing
• 401(k) Retirement Match
• Employee Discounts
• Dependent Tuition Reimbursement
Inquire within at 11016 E. Montgomery Dr. Suite 101, Spokane Valley, WA 99206 or visit our career page at https://www.afcodistribution.com/career-opportunities/.
Internal applicants may submit a letter of consideration in lieu of an application for employment.