AFCO Distribution & Milling is a division of Skagit Farmers Supply, a diversified agricultural supply cooperative. Skagit Farmers Supply was founded in Burlington, WA in 1934 and has grown into four main business divisions: agronomy, retail, energy, and wholesale distribution & milling. Our commitment is to provide quality products and services to our customers and community partners.
AFCO serves over 800 retail customers. The company distributes products such as animal feed, wildlife products, pet food and supplies, fencing and livestock equipment. Customers receive weekly orders within routed territories. Delivery is provided by AFCO’s fleet of company trucks.
J O B D U T I E S & R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
• Safely operate all aspects of a box truck to transport products to commercial and industrial customers in Washington state
• Deliver a variety of farm, pet and feed products to customers on a dedicated route
• Follow routes and timing schedule
• Load and unload products into box truck utilizing pallet jack or forklift
• Work with the supervisor to provide feedback on customer needs and requests, and to develop and execute strategies
• Ensure that delivery truck receives basic service according to maintenance schedule, reports service needs and mechanical issues to supervisor
• Maintain a safe, clean working environment and equipment while adhering to OSHA, state and federal safety regulations
• Follow DOT regulations and safety standards
• Maintain basic records of truck mileage and deliveries made
• Ensure excellent customer service is always provided
• Exhibit an ability to get along with others
• Practice punctual attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
Area of Coverage:
Based out of our warehouse in Centralia, WA.
Deliveries are provided to customers on a scheduled route, primarily in Western Washington and Oregon.
J O B R E Q U I R E M E N T S
• High school diploma (or equivalent)
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older to perform the functions of this position for compliance with state and federal rules
• Possess a valid driver license and maintain a safe driving record
• Possess or be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment (includes testing for THC/marijuana)
• Physical ability to stand for extended periods; bend, stoop and kneel frequently
• Lift, carry and load 60 pounds (minimum) weight requirements
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with co-workers and customers
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Commitment to excellence and high standards especially in terms of providing customer service
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position (schedule may vary). Monday – Friday; must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The wage range for this position is $23.00 – $25.00/hour. After meeting eligibility requirements, benefits include:
*Two to six weeks depending on length of full-time service.